We are pleased to welcome you to Rabbits and Squirrels (our 2-3 year old room) where the fun never stops!
In this room we encourage independence. We are pleased to offer low rise toilets and sinks at just the right height for your child where we encourage potty training and hand washing. We realise that each child is different and have their own requirements so with regards to toilet training we will follow your routine.
Your child will be exploring a range of areas and activities in our large room of which we feel are very important at this stage of their development, these include:
- Free expression through a range of creative activities.
- Colour recognition and naming.
- Counting and number recognition.
- Developing fine motor skills and hand eye co-ordination with activities such as pencil and scissor control.
- Imaginative play and Role play.
- Group activities including dancing and music and movement.
- Forming friendships and understanding the importance of sharing.
- Learning about rules and boundaries.
Each member of the team is passionate about working with children and we want your child to feel safe, secure and most of all happy so that they can develop to their full potential.
We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage framework and using weekly observations we all plan the activities to meet these areas. You will find our plans on display for your information.
If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to ask as we are always happy to help.
We have a much loved confident little girl who has been fantastically nurtured at Little Owls. I have no hesitation in recommending Little Owls.
Mrs Ursula Moore